A study by SmartAsset in 2018 reported that Las Vegas, Nevada was fifth on their top ten list of cities gaining the most retirees in the country. Henderson, Nevada, a city just outside of Las Vegas, took the number one spot on that same list. Why are retirees choosing to pack their bags and settle in a city known for casinos and gambling?
In one of my previous posts, we discussed many of the different activities that retirees can look forward to partaking in when they reside in the Las Vegas area. Today, we will be going into detail and looking at the top five places to go for some of the most popular activities for retirees!
We will also be looking at the retirement communities that come with a dream-like lifestyle and amenities that are hard to live without.
Also, if you love food as much as I do, then you might want to check out the section about the best-rated buffets in the city. There is much more to do than gamble and go out to clubs in the City that Never Sleeps!
THE BEST RATED BUFFETS IN LAS VEGAS
Since food is the most important deal-breaker for many of us, we will start off by discussing the best buffets in Las Vegas. Not only are these buffets the best in Las Vegas, a few have even been rated the best in the country!
1. The Wynn Buffet – At the Wynn Buffet, you can find every style of food from Gourmet Italian to Alaskan Snow Crab. All of their dishes are visually appealing and packed with flavor. It is one of the most glamorous buffets as it sports all sorts of colorful, flora decorations, but don’t feel obligated to dress up because the attire is totally casual! Their world-class dessert menu will have all retirees loosening their belt buckles!
2. Bacchanal Buffet – Hidden inside the Caesars Palace lays the Bacchanal Buffet that has received high ratings since its opening in 2012. At this upscale buffet, they offer daily chef specials fresh sushi and stir fry at the Asian station. You can skip the line by purchasing an express pass or you can even fill a box to go for a set price if you are on the run!
3. Studio B Buffet – Located inside the M Casino, the Studio B Buffet takes you about 20 minutes away from The Las Vegas Strip, and it offers quality food at a slightly more reasonable price. You can build your own taco and finish your meal by choosing from one of the dozens of gelato flavors that they offer. They even give complimentary alcoholic beverages at no extra charge!
4. Wicked Spoon Buffet – Coming in at a close second is the Wicked Spoon Buffet located in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. This buffet puts a huge emphasis on quality and loves to show off their seasonal dishes. They serve some of the highest quality meats on the market, while also offering unlimited alcoholic beverages for an extra cost.
5. The Buffet at Bellagio – You can catch a free Bellagio fountain show before heading into one of the best buffets in town! The Buffet at Bellagio offers dishes from all around the world while allowing you to watch the live-action chefs cook a meal of your desire! These chefs serve Ikura and Tobiko, which are some of the world’s finest caviars!
THE BEST FREE SHOWS AND ENTERTAINMENT ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP
Without World Class entertainment, Las Vegas would not be so widely known around the world. Many of the Vegas shows can get pricey, but you can still find plenty of free hidden talents across the metropolitan area. Many of these activities would be great for friends and family to see as you show them what Las Vegas is really all about!
1. Fremont Street Experience – On Main Street you can find free live entertainment every day of the week while finding live music usually about once a month! Bands ranging from ‘80s Station to Alter Ego play their top hits for no cost! You can also enjoy all the street performers who are there nightly. A night out on Fremont street is needed to really get a feel for the life of Las Vegas that many dream about experiencing!
2. Bellagio Fountains – This free attraction occurs every 15 or 30 minutes depending on the time of day. Watch the water dance up and down as beautiful music plays in the background! This fountain show is a must-see for everyone new to Vegas or maybe even if you have a few minutes to kill!
3. The Volcano – Outside of the Mirage there is a Volcano that will teleport you to another part of the World! This show starts at 6 pm daily and occurs hourly until midnight. You can see a close-up volcano shoot flames left and right as the floor rumbles beneath your feet from the intense music barrelling through the air.
4. Circus Act – When the grandchildren come into town it may be difficult to find some kid-friendly attractions. What is better than bringing them to watch a circus act of trapeze tricks and juggling masters? You can find this inside the Circus Circus hotel and the show occurs each hour starting at 11:30 am.
5. The Fall of Atlantis – Starting at 11 am and playing every hour on the hour, you can watch the Fall of Atlantis between taking some shops at Caesar’s Forum Shops. The gods Bacchus, Venus, Apollo, and Pluto will take you through their history while incorporating a magnificent light show! The grandkids would love this one as it includes not only shooting flames but a valuable life lesson as well!
TOP-RATED RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA
Now that we took a look at some of the fun that you can have when you decide to retire in the Entertainment Capital of The World, let’s get down to something a little more important: WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO LIVE?
For a lot of you, the most essential thing is having a home and community that you will love and enjoy as you live out your “Golden Years.” So let’s take a look at the 5 best-rated Retirement communities all across the Las Vegas Area!
1. Sun City Anthem – If you want a retirement community that is located in a quieter location, but still has easy access to the Las Vegas Strip, then this is the place for you! Sun City Anthem is a 55+ community located in Henderson, Nevada with houses ranging from the low $200s – low $1Ms. The neighborhood is backed up by two 18 hole golf courses with three clubhouses which include over 50 clubs to join from tennis to any of the arts.
2. Sun City Summerlin – This 55+ retirement community is located about 20 minutes away from the Las Vegas strip and it is loaded with every activity that you could imagine! The association loves to show off its four community centers with amazing restaurants and taverns along with three 18-Hole Golf Courses. You can even check out the theatrical and musical performances that they have from time to time. These homes range from the low $200s – Low $1Ms.
3. Los Prados Golf Community – At this smaller and more moderately priced living community, you can enjoy a challenging 18-Hole Golf Course surrounded by beautiful parks and biking trails. It also includes a gorgeous clubhouse with a library and a delicious restaurant. This community is in a prime location while still being outside the commotion of the busy Las Vegas streets. Houses in this community range from the Low $200s – Mid $400s.
4. Siena Community Association – With homes ranging from the low $200s – low $1Ms, this gated 55+ living community includes everything you could dream of from cascading waterfalls to magnificent gardens surrounding an 18-Hole Golf Course. It includes a 16,000 square-foot fitness center and a 39,000 square-foot community center where you could grab a cup of coffee with your neighbors or enjoy a full-service salon. These homes have beautiful mountain and lake views located near the I-215 Beltway in Las Vegas, Nevada.
5. Sun City McDonald Ranch – Located in Henderson, Nevada, in this 55+ community, the residents cherish a smaller, but cozier feeling. The community offers a mix of single-family homes and villas that have priceless views of the surrounding valley and mountains. With a Par-60 Golf Course that will challenge all skill levels, the clubhouse includes a dance studio and restaurant where you can grab a drink with friends. This is a moderately priced community as the homes range from low $200s – low $500s.
WILL YOU DECIDE TO LIVE OUT YOUR LIFE IN THE BEAUTIFUL LAS VEGAS-HENDERSON VALLEY?
This amazing city is filled with some of the best food, amenities, and entertainment that the world has to offer! Pack your bags and get the car ready because you don’t want to miss out on the wonderful retirement lifestyle in Las Vegas.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about living in Las Vegas or retirement planning so I can help you out!
add me to your email listing as I’m all ready retired but just rented an apartment in iowa. trying different locations hated florida but will be moving to las vegas when i get some financial issues taken care of.
Sounds good Hoyel! You should be on there now and we send out a lot of great planning material. Let me know if you haven’t gotten any emails yet.