You Need A Financial Plan
Most of us meander through life, throwing a few bucks into our retirement plan at work, socking away a little cash for a rainy day. We hope for the best, thinking that one day maybe we’ll be able to retire.
Leaving your financial future to chance and randomness is complete lunacy!
And it’s NOT a Plan!
- When can I retire?
- How much can I spend in retirement?
- How much should I allocate to stocks, bonds, and real estate?
- Will I run out of money?
- Should I take the lump sum pension buyout or get a monthly check?
- When should I take Social Security?
- What happens if a 2008 scenario occurs again?
- Is there any other way to slash my taxes?
- What if inflation is more than expected?
- What if Social Security gets cut?
- What if I die too early, or live too long?
- What if I have major medical expenses later in life?
What Is A Financial Plan Anyway?
Financial planning takes your:
Click the image above for a sample plan!
Want to retire at 62? Great! Want to travel in retirement? Awesome! Like new cars every 4 years? Perfect!
We’ll chart your financial goals and add in the critical stuff like your basic living expenses, future medical costs, and a discretionary budget for fun stuff!
We also include your financial assets, such as Roth IRAs, 401(k) plans, stocks, bonds, CD’s and savings at the bank, and other investment accounts.
There are three things we’ll discuss, because a simple risk tolerance questionnaire just doesn’t cut it! Most investors (and unfortunately most “financial advisors”) do a simple “can you stomach this amount of loss” test. Since your financial life is far more complex, we go much farther.
We believe in a three-pronged approach to determine “what gas to put in your car”:
Investment Risk Tolerance
Investment Risk Capacity
Investment Risk Required
We’ll create a great investment strategy for you and help you become a fearless investor!
Should you sell that rental in 10 years? Maybe. Should you do a reverse mortgage or line of credit? Possibly. Does your plan improve if you switch pension options to a reduced survivor’s benefit? Perhaps, but it also might leave your spouse out in the cold!
We’ll go through all of the options together, showing you how to improve your financial situation at every turn. We want you headed towards a successful retirement, and we take nothing off the table in this process.
We’ll show you what happens to your financial future if:
- Inflation soars or plummets
- The markets tank early on in retirement, or later in life
- Social Security benefits are cut
- You experience major long-term medical expenses
- You live longer (or shorter) than expected
What You’ll Get From The Retirement ZOOmer
You’ll also get an “Executive Summary” with specific, actionable steps to improve your personal finances. The Executive Summary section will detail things in your personal financial plan which will help catapult you to the highest level of success possible.
Below you’ll find a sample Retirement ZOOmer plan. Are you ready to start your financial journey with us?